Respirator Fit Testing Training
Qualitative Fit Testing online 2 hour training:
- Bitrex and Sacchrine fit testing methods – step by step training using the CFR1910.134 Respirator Standard – Used for all ½ masks respirators including N95 filtering facepieces
- AccuFit Quantitative Fit Testing methods – step by step training using the CFR1910.134 Respirator Standard – Used for all masks, both ½ and full face respirators
- Porta Count Quantitative Fit Testing methods – step by step training using the CFR1910.134 Respirator Standard – Used for all masks, both ½ and full face respirators
Each 2 hours hands on step by step class will be awarded 2 contact hours.
Course fee: $125.00 per student
To set up a personalized Zoom virtual meeting, contact Kendra at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This one day training seminar will provide Medical and Health and Safety professionals with the knowledge and skill to:
- Administer respirator fit tests for both ½ face and full face respirators. Both Quantitative and Qualitative methods will be covered.
- Structure and administer a compliant Medical Clearance Evaluation for respirator use and understand what medical conditions preclude the wearing of a respirator. Seminar graduates will understand what is involved with complying with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Respiratory Protection Standard 1910.134. (1998 Update) in regards to both fit testing and medical clearance evaluations.
This Full days hands on class provides 8 contact hours for each participant.
Fee for this class is $375.00 per student.
The seminar is designed for Medical and Health and Safety professionals who will either be designing or supervising a company Respiratory Protection Program or working with those who already have this responsibility.
- Understand respirator program requirements as described in 1998 OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134.
- Know the required elements necessary to prepare a written Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- Know record keeping requirements.
- Understand respirator types (NIOSH APPROVED).
- Know OSHA approved Quantitative and Qualitative Fit Testing Procedures.
- Understand Medical Clearance Procedures.
Lance Anderson, CST, is a former vice president of Fast Response onsite Testing (FROST). In this capacity he managed the mobile test units on site, and conducted spirometry and respirator fit testing. He is a NIOSH approved spirometry practicum instructor, also the course director of the OSHA Respiratory Protection course .He served for 23 years as a firefighter and specialized in respiratory protection for the fire service. He retired as a fire captain.
Kendra Palmer Anderson, BA, CST is Course Director for Palmer Associates Inc. (PA). As the founder and former president of Fast Response onsite Testing (FROST), she oversaw the OSHA mandated medical examinations on workers and performed spirometry for hundreds of companies. Before that she worked as a certified spirometrist conducting spirometry testing in the field for PA and worked as a NIOSH approved Practicum Instructor for 15 years.
Registration is refundable, less a 25% administration fee, only if notice is received at least 21 days prior to course date. The fee includes coffee and pastries and beverages both days. Course fee does not include hotel or transportation costs.
For more information on registration and course information, please phone our office at (831) 239 0422 or contact us by e-mail to reserve a place in a course.